ggc

From: Jonathan Berry <berryj_at_dimacs.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 08:56:27 -0400

I am interested in looking at some applications involving quite a few
thousand STk objects, which leads me to a question about garbage collection.
I want to use a lot of memory and garbage collect very rarely. I once tried
changing the heap size to be many megabytes, but it didn't seem to
make any difference since gc's seemed just as frequent. I really haven't
had time to determine exactly how the gc mechanism is called. Would
somebody who knows it better please explain how to tailor it to my needs?
        thanks,
                Jon