Suggestion

From: <jslttery_at_GS148.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 18:01:54 -0400

How difficult would it be to add a toplevel hook which would call
functions regularly while STk was running. I'm thinking specifically
of a better socket implementation (I've just read the spec for
tcl7.5's socket) which would allow a user to create a server socket
and specify a function to call when new connections appear on that
socket. The hook would run every so often and do a non-blocking accept
on the socket and call the specified function if the accept
succeeded.

Is this possible with the current implementation, or is such a hook
facility required?

S.