Re: Need ODBC interface and grid widget for Stk

From: Lars Thomas Hansen <lth_at_cs.uoregon.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 1996 14:22:14 -0800

>I would like to use Stk as a database front-end. Accordingly, I was wondering
>if anyone out there has written an ODBC interface as well as a grid-widget for
>Stk. If not, any suggestions about where to start?

Well, unless you find an ODBC program interface already made somewhere,
might I suggest that you consider FFIGEN for the translation job?
FFIGEN takes a C header file and produces a "rational" output which may
be automatically translated to a foreign function interface program. If
I remember correctly, ODBC is a non-trivial interface and FFIGEN might
make the job of creating the STk interface more pleasant.

See http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/~lth/ffigen.

--lars