pixels

From: luka <luka_at_mhv.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 14:31:43 -0500

        I have just recently obtained STk, and one of the first things I
tried to do with it involved placing pixels on the screen. Essentially
treating a window like a simple raster display. My first attempt at this was
using 1x1 rectangle objects in a canvas. It worked, but the rectangle is
complete overkill for what I need, and takes up a lot of memory.
        I see several ways to do this better. Which do you think is more
feasable? I might be able to create a pixel widget, or maybe format the
data as a gif or ppm, and display it as an image. If you have any thoughts,
or have solved this problem previously, please let me know.

        Thanks :)

--

   |\      _,,,---,,_		-a few fries short of a happy meal,
  |,4-  ) )-,_..;\ (  `'-'	 luka <luka_at_rupert.mhv.net>