Re: problem with 3.0b2

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_kaolin.unice.fr>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 15:44:21 +0000

> Arturo Perez -- Software Engineer writes
> I built STk3.0b2 under IRIX 5.3. My app, which works
> fine under STk3.0b1, no longer works. There's a tight
> loop along the lines of
> (do ((i 0 (string-length b))
> (b "" (string-append b (string (read-char port)))))
> ((= i doc-size)
> b))
>
> After reading >255 characters the interpreter core
> dumps with a SIGSEGV in STk_gc_mark.

I cannot reproduce this behaviour on SunOS and Linux. The dump you sent with your mail seem to indicate that this is not the cause (as far as I can understand).
Can you send me a minimal example with the bug.
BTW, using a string-port would be more efficient in the example (and pehaps the bug will be gone :)
                -- Erick