Events from other applications.

From: Clifford Beshers <beshers_at_cs.columbia.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 1996 15:24:39 -0500 (EST)

Is is possible in STk to receive events, specifically pointer events,
for a window which is external to the STk application?

I know this is possible in raw X, and I imagine I can add a function
to do an XSelectInput, but I wondered if there were a better way. I
examined bind, wm, and Tk_BindEvent, but none seem to support other
windows.

The application in question is not under my control, cannot be
modified, nor does it respond to any message protocols.

Can anyone point me towards a solution?

Thanks,

Cliff