Coding functions in Stk

From: Mark C. Chu-Carroll <carroll_at_louie.udel.edu>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 1996 14:04:17 -0500

Greetings!

I'm doing some work using STk which involves doing some dynamic analysis
on code in memory. A big part of my initial analysis pass is doing
the work that STk already does, when it codes a function the first
time it executes.

What I'm looking for is some way of building an extension that allows me
to force a procedure to be coded *without* executing that function.

Poring through the source code, I've learned enough to write extensions
that allow me to write Scheme programs that read the coded form to do
the analysis that I need, but I can't quite figure out where the coding
is actually happening.

Can anyone either tell me, in C, how to code a procedure, or give me some
clue of where I should be looking?

Thanks,

        <MC>