Tk4.0 porting guide

From: Andrew Dorrell <andrewd_at_ee.uts.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 95 17:12:26 EST

> > > Something like a list of STk 2.x to STk 3.0 porting hints would help me
> > > tremendously. I decided to move my masters degree project to STk 3.0 and
> > > the going is a bit rocky.
> >
> > It's not STk-specific, but something that might be very helpful is the
> > chapter on porting from Tk 3 to Tk 4 in Brent Welch's book, "Practical
> > Programming in Tcl and Tk". You can find out more about the book at
> > <http://www.sunlabs.com:80/~bwelch/book/index.html>--plus, the chapter
> > itself (along with some Tk 4 changes that didn't make it in before the
> > book went to press) is duplicated in a link off that page.
> >
> > Most (not all) of the STk changes I've found are more-or-less directly
> > related to changes in Tk.

There is also a very useful (and larger) piece by Ousterhout which is on the
net. Unfortunately I can't remember where I got it But I will make it
available from http://www.ee.uts.edu.au/~andrewd/node7.html. The doc is
called `tk4.0.ps' and you may be able to find it using archie or a web search
as well.

PS. Thank you Erick! I just got around to playing with STk-3.0b1 and am very
impressed. (And the people I have been trying to ween onto it are also
impressed with the online html help--even if it is incomplete--a real winner!)

Mr Andrew Dorrell
School of Electrical Engineering                 *
University of Technology, Sydney                     *
PO Box 123                                     *
Broadway NSW 2007                                   .
AUSTRALIA
                                                    *       /---\  Whoo?
Phone:   61 2 330 2395                                      (o o) /
Fax:     61 2 330 2435                                      ( : )
email:   andrewd_at_ee.uts.edu.au                               ^ ^
    OR   dorrell_at_ihf.uts.edu.au