find-method-by-type?

From: David Fox <fox_at_GRAPHICS.CS.NYU.EDU>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 95 10:54:22 EST

I seem to have occasion to want to find a method based on the types of
its arguments rather than on instances of those types. This is
because I'm integrating C++ and STklos class heirarchies and I need to
look at a list of C++ virtual functions and find out for a given
object which of them are overridden in an STklos sub-type. It is
trivial to implement, since the first thing compute_applicable_methods
does is effectively (map type-of args). I just though I'd mention it
in hopes that find-method-by-type would show up in the next release. :)
--
David Fox	   http://found.cs.nyu.edu/fox   	xoF divaD
NYU Media Research Lab			   baL hcraeseR aideM UYN