for wishlist: STk_gc_unprotect(SCM *location)

From: Jonathan Berry <berryj_at_dimacs.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 17:18:19 -0500

In my application, I have a need to protect certain SCM's. STk_gc_protect
almost fits my needs perfectly; however, it isn't of any use to me unless
I can "unprotect" once I see fit. I am tempted to hack my own simple
function into my own copy of the code, but I won't feel good about
doing that until there's some assurance that it will become a regular
feature. Of course, if I am overlooking a simple alternative,
please let me know.
thanks,
        Jon Berry
        berryj_at_dimacs.rutgers.edu

p.s. Erick, thanks for STk; it is great.