Re: System Ids

From: Stefan Monnier <stefan.monnier_at_epfl.ch>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 17:25:21 +0100

David Fox <fox_at_GRAPHICS.CS.NYU.EDU> wrote:
> We have lots of suns and sgis around here, and STk needs to merge the
> system directories for those machines the way it does for Linux. I
> suggest adding to the launch scripts:

If you really want to add specific code for every architecture under the sun,
go ahead, but I personnally much prefer keeping the code simple and machine
independent by doing that kind of translating with links like

        IRIX-5.3-IP26 -> IRIX-5.3-IP22

Of course, this probably requires human intervention, but I much prefer
that to a script that tries to be too smart.

        Stefan