Re: STk 2.2 -> 3.0 porting: problems with menu

From: Giorgio Cesana <cesana_at_venus.sgs-thomson.it>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 08:25:08 +0100

Hi Erik,

thanks for your immediate reply.

] Do you have problems with it?

No, I do not. I was misunderstanding the error message I had. The problem was in
the make-dialog call-back (the STk 3.0 version is different).

] However, I don't understand the use of callBack at the end of your command,
] since the result is "disgarded" when the lambda is evaluated.

What do you mean?

I need this feature for the following reasons:
As you know, in our company we build a deep-submicron electronic CAD, collecting
together tools developed internally and commercial tools. We provide our users a
system, named UNICAD2, that integrates those tools providing a way to exchange
data between them, a homogeneous human interface (when possible) and so on...
Last January, we decided to provide our users with an environment independent
from any framework, so we started to find out a language that could be used to
integrate the tools, providing also facilities to build a human interface: the
final choice was to use STk.
With STk we have build YAFF, a Command Window. One of the facilities provided to
our integration developers is what we call uu-form, a set of functions that
allows the user to write a human interface (tipically forms) just writing a list
of items required.
What you have seen in the the code I sent is part of the public function
provided to the developer to allow its application to register a menu entry in
the command interface. The same requirement we have in the GUI builder
functions, that have to recieve the callback to be called.

Thanks

Giorgio

PS: we are trying to convince our boss to release part of the developed code
(the utilities and something else) to the public domain, to allow the whole STk
users community to use them. I hope to recieve good news soon.

Giorgio Cesana | SGS-THOMSON Microelectronics
phone +39/39/603.6006 | Central R&D - DAIS
fax +39/39/603.5820 | via C. Olivetti, 2
e-mail giorgio_cesana.sgs-thomson.it | 20041 Agrate B.za (MI) - ITALY