STk button activation trouble

From: 'Chris Harris' B. Harris <chharris_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 17:14:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hello STk Users!

I've recently (in the last week or two) downloaded STk 2.1, and installed
it on my Linux-running PC here, for experimenting with some GUI design
ideas. Everything was working fine, until the other day, after leaving a
little Tk program I had written running for a few hours, the button (it used
only one -- its sole purpose was to change it's name) refused to work. I
moved the mouse over the thing, and it "lit up", like it is supposed to,
but no amount of clicking (which before worked) was going to activate --
it wouldn't depress, call the appropriate command, ro anything.

Quitting and reloading the program did nothing to improve the situation,
and I soon found that all the mouse-activated controls in all the demo
apps didn't want to work either.

Obviously, this problem renders Tk pretty useless. If any of you have
any ideas as to what might be causing this, please let me know. I have a
feeling that reinstalling the whole program might do something, but
that's probably not worth it if the thing is going to resort to this
state again in two weeks.

Any ideas?

Thanking you all in advance,
                  Chris

"Be careful lest in casting out your devil you cast out the best thing
that's in you." --Nietchie %% Me = Chris Harris (chharris_at_u.washington.edu)
Check out my web page: http://weber.u.washington.edu/chharris/