Some help needed (was Re: Extending.tex update?)

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_kaolin.unice.fr>
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 18:50:20 +0100

> Andrew Dorrell writes
> >> "Jin S. Choi" writes
> >> The Extending.tex document is marked out of date for 2.1.6.
> >> Is there an update of this document, or do I have to figure out what's
> >> different by looking at source?
> >
> >I'm just finishing it. In fact next release will be out when this document
> >will be terminated.
> >
> >-- Erick
> >
> Can anyone tell me where I can find this document?

About documentation: The doc about extending the STk interpreter will be in
the
2.1.7 release (in its current state). I will post the 2.1.7 for Monday. It
will not be what I expect it should be, but it's a long time since 2.1.6 is
out and some new things and bug correction are present in 2.1.7.
I hope it will be the last release before 2.2 release.

> Also, is there any (more complete) documentation for the STklos interface
> to the Tk toolkit. (I have the Tcl/Tk book and the reference that comes
> with the STk-2.1.6 distribution.) I am happy to read the code I suppose
> but, being new to Scheme, CLOS etc any pointers and guiding philosophy
> would be appreciated.

Yes, there is a didactic (I hope so ;->) documentation about STklos+Tk in this
release. For now, it is only 20 pages long and should be longer than that.
This is a document where every concept is fisrt presented by mean of examples
and completly detailed after with a complete man page (mostly the Tk man page,
reformatted and adaptated for STk). This is a long work and I hope that some
people want to collaborate to this document so that we have rapidly a true
reference manual. Any person which had already dig into STklos code should be
able to make 3 or 4 pages of this document. The table of content is already
drawn, so we can probably have something for 2.2 if we are enough for this
job.
Any volunteer?

                -- Erick