radiobuttons

From: Jen Mankoff <jmankoff_at_cs.oberlin.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 17:37:59 -0400

I'm trying to setup some stuff using radiobuttons in STk, and I'd like
to be able to turn the selection off in both radiobuttons, or to find
out which one is selected.

In my test session, I did the following:

(define r1 (make <radio-button> :text "bye"))
(define r2 (make <radio-button> :text "hi"))
(pack r1 :fill 'both :expand #t)
(pack r2 :fill 'both :expand #t)

(describe r1) ...
(describe r2) ...

As far as I can tell, there's a variable associated with the
radiobutton which is called "selectedButton". This seems to be a
variable which is internal to the tk interpreter, though. The
radiobutton man page says it stores the "value" slot of the button
which is currently selected. This is exactly what I need to manipulate
the buttons. Is there any way I can find out the current value of the
"selectedButton" variable?

thanks,

        -jen