Experiences about speed in tcl and STk.

From: Johann Friedrich Heinrichmeyer <Fritz.Heinrichmeyer_at_fernuni-hagen.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 95 13:50:08 +0100

Sorry if You see this twice but there where delivery problems:

I was a little disappointed by the speed of my port of my schematic
editor interface for spice (not faster than the tcl version). I
experienced that regexp-replace seems to be very slow. Maybe "case" and
"do" should be compiled ...? The loading of a schematic file increased
in speed very much when i used a more "scheme like" input format and
therefore only the "read .." command. When i read in the old tcl format
using regexp heavily the program slows down.

Here three questions.

1. SCM and STk seem to have the same parents?

2. How difficult is it to put speedups from SCM to STk ( case and do
   construct are compiled in SCM)?

3. Has someone already tried to bring scm compilers and STk together?
   I think of meroon, hobbit .... . I dont want to compile everything
   but it would be nice to transform selected and proven procedures
   more or less in dlls ("remove-if" from lisp or similar things).

Fritz

--
Fritz Heinrichmeyer                             FernUniversitaet Hagen
FAX:   +49 2371/566236                          LG Elektronische Schaltungen