STk-2.1.6 on HP 9000s700 ?

From: Martti Halminen <mnh_at_xgw.fi>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 08:08:44 +0200

Has anybody any experience running STk on H-P 9000 series 700 workstations?
I just installed it on ours (715/33, HP-UX 9.0, gcc 2.4.5). What I got
is very unstable, several of the demos etc. crash it. As I am no pro
at this, and the machine is not set up as a programming environment
(normally used for CAD), I would be interested in finding out if
others have problems with this.

- We didn't have the X11 header files installed, so I copied them from
our Sun (SunOS 4.1.x) file server. Does anybody know whether there is
anything either Sun- or H-P -specific that might cause problems with this?

- One specific bug: in the widget demo the canvases seem to handle their
x-coordinates oddly. Running Demos/Widget/mkPlot.stk the points originally
move only vertically, and after some mouse movements jump horizontally
out of the window area. The function plotMove receives correct values for
both coordinates, but something within
 (w 'move 'selected (- x plot_lastX) (- y plot_lastY))
behaves oddly.

- mkFloor.stk does something similar: the room numbers and walls are scattered
horizontally in approx 5 times the intended area.

- On my Linux PC these work correctly.

Regards,
Martti Halminen <mnh_at_xgw.fi>