canvas drawing speed

From: Jin S. Choi <jin_at_atype.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 95 14:55:13 -0500

I was wondering if anyone could give me a subjective idea of how fast
drawing in the canvas is when going through STk.

I compiled STk and ran several of the demos last night. turtle.stk in
particular does a lot of line drawing, and I noticed it wasn't
particularly quick. Maybe it's just doing a lot of calculations or
something? I want to use the canvas to dynamically update a scrolled
display with lots of lines.

Along the same vein, is there any way to move regions of the canvas
around quickly without individually translating every object?