querying a class for its slots

From: Andrew Joseph Kompanek <ak10+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 14:04:05 -0500 (EST)

Is there a prescribed way for getting a list of slots for a particular
class? I can think of a couple of ugly ways to do this off the top of my
head but is there a simple way to get a list in a way that's going to
continue to work with future versions of STklos?

Here's a little context. I'm working on a scheme front end to a distributed
object system and I'm trying to decide the best way to do this. In general,
I'm trying to avoid having to write any C (but if for performance reasons
I need to, I will).

So in general, it would be useful to have mechanisms for finding something
out about a class dynamically, in a nice form -- that is, I don't think
it would be a great idea to parse the output from describe :).

I'd appreciate any info about doing this... or for that matter, any
general comments (in e-mail) if anyone has thought the problem of
distributed objects between different languages w.r.t. to scheme.

Thanks!

Drew