Re: STk Interaction Mode in Emacs??

From: Christian Lynbech <lynbech_at_daimi.aau.dk>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 08:37:43 +0100

Tom> From: Andrew Joseph Kompanek <ak10+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Tom> Has anyone by any chance done an STk Interaction Mode for emacs?

Tom> There is a package called cmuscheme that i think is in the standard
Tom> distribution.

If you are in to running lisp interactively, I suggest you look also
on the ILISP package. ILISP is a generic interface to lisp systems and
comes with setups for a long list of existing systems.

While I haven't used it much myself yet, I really like the
concept. One of the nice things are that you get standard keybindings
for a bunch of things, regardless of which system you are actually
running on.

Below is my current (and very simple) attempt for a scm interface:

;;;Scm
(defdialect scm "Scm Scheme"
  scheme
  (setq ilisp-program "scm -i")
  (setq comint-prompt-regexp "^> ")
  )

which will enable you to start a scm-interaction buffer by saying

        M-x scm

Of course, all the fancy bells and whistles aren't enabled by the
simple defintion above, but I am looking forward to getting some time
to work on it.

Christian Lynbech | Hit the philistines three times over the
office: R0.33 (phone: 3217) | head with the Elisp reference manual.
email: lynbech_at_daimi.aau.dk | - petonic_at_hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)