Re: Building Extensions for STk

From: David Fox <dsf_at_gti.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 95 13:54 EST

jredford_at_lehman.com writes:

> Personally, I think Scheme is probably a 'lost cause' for this as a
> wide spread reform. It is easy enough to redefine or translate any
> code for porting to a new Scheme implementation.

These theoretical discussions are all very well, but not if our
conclusion is that scheme is a lost cause (and I know I'm quoting a
little out of context.) I think the original message is worth
re-emphasizing - if you are creating an interface to some set of
system services, take a look around and see if there is a popular
implementation already out there whose interface you can mimic.