Protected files, setgid scripts & STk.

From: Harvey J. Stein <hjstein_at_math.huji.ac.il>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 1995 22:16:08 +0200

I want to add a high score file to stetris. Typically, one will
protect high score files by making them writable only by group games,
and make the game binary setgid games.

My question is, how can one do something like this with a game written
in STk? The problem is that many unixes (Linux for example) won't
respect setuid & setgid bits on shell scripts. So, given that the
shell script is run under the ownership of the player (and that being
a shellscript it must be readable, so it can't contain encryption
keys, etc), how does one protect the high score file?

Thanks,

Harvey J. Stein
hjstein_at_math.huji.ac.il