Ease of writing Tk widgets

From: Jin S. Choi <jin_at_atype.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 95 16:06:46 -0500

I'm interested in using STk as the basis of a set of sound tools. I
would like to write a Tk widget to handle the various displays, as I
feel using a canvas would just be too slow for redisplay. I was just
wondering if anyone could provide me with an idea for how easy or
difficult it is to 1) write a Tk widget, as opposed to, say, an Xt or
Motif widget, and 2) integrate Tk widget into STk.