compilation under Solaris 2.3

From: <Marc.Furrer_at_di.epfl.ch>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 94 14:22:16 +0100

I've problems while compiling STk-2.1.5 under Solaris 2.3 :

If I compile with the dynamic options, compilation fails
  (using gcc 2.6.3), with things like cannot find file pics
  and also at link time. Is there a recommanded compiler ?
  can it be done with gcc ? (ld is the old sun one, stores in
  /usr/ccs/bin/ld ...

I also has to patch Makefile, various libraries were missing
especialy the one for sockets and for dynamic linking (although
I don't use dynload options, I need the -ldl librarie for other
libraries... don't ask why it's part of Sun myster, at least for me
;-)
I also had to replace (in socket.c) call to bzero and bcopy by memset and
memcpy.

Any comments ? What am I doing wrong with dyn loading ?

Marc.
--
Furrer Marc 		    EPFL DI-LTI, 1015 Lausanne, Suisse
Marc.Furrer_at_di.epfl.ch      +41 21 693 29 07 / 66 00 (Fax)