Restoring dumped images in the face of dynamic linking.

From: Harvey J. Stein <hjstein_at_math.huji.ac.il>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 11:51:54 +0200

I've had trouble (under Linux) restoring dumped images when stk-bin is
dynamically linked with the system libraries (libX11, libc & libm).
If it's dynamically linked I get a seg fault. If it's statically
linked it works.

Other people mentioned that there was trouble restoring dumped images
on other operating systems when dynamic libraries were loaded with the
(load) command.

Could it be that this is the case because the dynamic libraries need
to be re-loaded in some sense after the dump file is restored?

I'll post the question to the linux-gcc mailing list, but figured I'd
also ask here to see if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,

Dr. Harvey J. Stein
Berger Financial Research
hjstein_at_math.huji.ac.il