Re: Distributing extensions to STk

From: David Fox <fox_at_first.cs.nyu.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 94 10:31:20 -0500

Brian Webb writes:

> The configure utility support putting machine specific files into
> a non-shared directory using the --exec-prefix path.
>
> If you have a shared /usr/local directory, use the option
> --exec-prefix `uname -m`-`uname -s` when you configure.

Thanks for pointing this out. I have tried this option out (actually
you want something like --exec-prefix=/installed/`uname -m`-`uname -s`)
and it works like a charm. I also didn't realize you could link
with the standard tk and tcl libraries. I was having trouble because
I didn't have TK_LIBRARY set to point to the stk library files, I was
only setting STK_LIBRARY.