help extending STk with C++

From: Sarah Officer <officers_at_saic.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 1994 14:33:33 -0700 (MST)

I am attempting to extend STk to use some C++ class functions.
I have created a wrapper around my C++ functions so that I can call
them from C. (I tested this, and it works. Relevant routine names
are NOT being mangled). When I try to load the shared object file to
STk, following the C examples in "Extending theSTk interpreter", I get
the following error message
        ld.so: Undefined symbol: ___builtin_new
and I am kicked out of STk.

Any suggestions? Does anyone have a way in which they have called C++
functions from STk?

Please respond to me directly -- I am not yet on the STk mailing list.
Thanks in advance,

Sarah Officer
officers_at_aries.tucson.saic.com