Re: detailing classes - what lies ahead?

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_kaolin.unice.fr>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 1994 10:13:30 +0100

John,

> - is there a a roadmap of where the inspector, viewer and
> detailer are going?

The inspector and co were written a long long time ago (in august 9) with the
0.94 version on STk. This is a piece of code which is difficult to maintain
since it tries to avoid STk bugs (which are corrected now) and it is written
without objects (and it needs a lot of structures for working). I think that
all the stuff must be rewritten using objects (I will do it but if someone
want to do it....). Furthermore, the inspector should work with some knowledge
of environment and this not actually the case (environments were not
accessible when this code was written).

> - are there a list of projects that i might better be working on
> in case someone is already working on a detailer for classes?

Most of the time, I don't know what people are doing with STk and I think that
it would be great if people on the mailing list can tell if they are writing
things which can be shared among the (small) STk community.

                        -- Erick