Re: sttlos on sparc Ultra-30

From: Erick Gallesio <Erick.Gallesio_at_unice.fr>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:55:14 +0200 (CEST)

Kumar Balachandran writes:
> I get the following error while compiling the gc.
>
> os_dep.c: In function `GC_get_stack_base':
> os_dep.c:687: `USERLIMIT' undeclared (first use this function)
> os_dep.c:687: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> os_dep.c:687: for each function it appears in.)
> make: *** [os_dep.o] Error 1
>
> Any pointers are appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Kumar

Someone already signaled me this problem. In fact, there is a problem
on the alpha version of the Boehm GC that I use for the 0.52 version
of STklos. The 5.3 version (or the 5.0 shipped with STklos version
0.50 works fine on Solaris). You can grab the old version of gc from

           http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc

delete the directory gc in the release and replace it by the one 5.3
version. Anyway it seems thatr the GC (even 5.x series) cannot be
compiled with the standard cc compiler (gcc works fine).

Hope it helps. Tell me if you need more info.

                -- Erick

PS: the GTK part does not seem to work on Solaris an you'll have to
configure it with --without-gtk option. I will try to have a look at
it, but will not be able to do this before a week or two.