Re: Problem

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_unice.fr>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:07:11 +0100 (CET)

LE CLEACH Julien writes:
> Hello !
>
> I've tried to run S-scape.stklos on the Net. It first worked but I didn't
> get some pages in HTML format (which I absolutely need using stk).
> However these are readable with netscape.

Don't forget that the development team of S-scape is not the same size
than the netscape one ;-) Consequently there are some pages which are
not properly decoded. In particular, frames, java applets or buttons
are not implemented. The HTML widget is completely written in Scheme
and is less than 800 lines of code. Don't expect too much from it!!

> For example, you should test the following address :
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/vincent.zemb/creation/exo1F.htm

Ooops, this is this exactly the kind of page which was not intended to
be decoded. The html widget was realized to allow the "help" command
inside STk, not as a replacement of a full featured browser such as
netscape. There is no impossibility to do a better html widget which
support more advanced features but a lack of interest in it (at least
imho)

                -- Erick