Re: Commande run-process

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_unice.fr>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 10:04:30 +0100 (CET)

I reply in (a sort of) english since this is the language that we use
on the mailing-list

LE CLEACH Julien writes:
> Bonjour,
>
> pour lancer un executable unix en precisant que sa sortie standard est
> redirigee sur un pipe, on m'a donne la commande suivante :
> (run-process "commande unix" :output :pipe)
>
> Ca fonctionne tres bien pour des commandes du type ls, ps, ...
> mais pour ouvrir un file manager, ca ne marche pas.

There is no problem in fact. I suppose that you have passed the
parameters in the command string, whereas they must be passed
separately.
> la commande a utiliser (sous Red Hat) est du type :
> kfmclient folder <URL>
>
> Est-ce normal et si oui, y a-t-il une autre solution ?

On my Linux box, the following invocation works:

    (run-process "kfmclient" "folder" "file:///")

Hope it helps. Tell me if you have still problems

                -- Erick