Re: Garbage collection, part two...

From: Felix Lee <flee_at_teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 18:41:23 -0700

A safer fix, much safer than fiddling with volatile or the
other methods, is to change garbage collection so that a
pointer to any part of an object, not just the head of the
object, will cause the object to be marked. But I think
this is hard to do, given the way objects are currently
represented. (the only ways I can think of doing this
require unreasonable time or space. but someone experienced
with garbage collectors may have a better idea.)